Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Happy holidays, and best wishes to you and your family!

This year has brought great things into my life.  I was able to close a new personal record of sales for my clients.  Which has also allowed me to focus more time and energy on building
my business.  I decided to take some time and finish schooling for my carpentry apprenticeship, which I started way back in 2007!  I am now a ticketed carpenter, which will help me tremendously with real estate, and construction.  Ultimately, helping to serve you better! This year, I was able to help many individuals, couples and families achieve their goals, which allowed me to achieve many of the goals that I set for myself at the start of this year!
 Taking some time to enjoy the wonderful world and myself we live in, I went on a few short trips, as far as Ontario and for a week to Jamaica!  Down in Jamaica, we were able to enjoy a friend of mine getting married.  My brother, Greg, and his girlfriend, Jennifer, were on the trip with Ashley and I. There were 55 guests for the wedding, all staying at the same resort for the week.  We had an excellent time!
 My girlfriend Ashley, and I moved into a cozy little home in the Lower Mission area of 

Our backyard!

Kelowna, where we grew a beautiful, all organic vegetable garden.  Our first harvest out of this garden was tremendous.  The soil made for excellent growing conditions.  Some of the tomatoes grew taller than me, and we almost had too many to handle.  Everything from the beets, to the zucchini, and butternut squash turned out big and tasty. We are still eating from it!
 The Kelowna housing market continues to be strong.  Sellers are benefiting from slight price appreciation around the valley.  As well, the buyers are taking advantage of the historically low interest rates.  Investors are also taking advantage of the extremely low vacancy rates, with residential vacancy rates below 1%.  This is causing rents 

Jager and some zucchinis from our garden!
to slowly increase.  New home construction is also seeing an increase in activity, which means for an all round good real estate market to be in right now!
 Clearly, I don’t get enough opportunity to say “thank you!” even know I am thankful everyday.  Yet at this special time of year, I want to express my deepest appreciation for placing your confidence in me, and supporting my business with your friendship and referrals.
 Looking forward to many new exciting endeavors this upcoming year.  I will be challenging myself to improve my skills in real estate marketing and contract negotiations.  As well, I will be trying to find as many people as possible to serve and help with everything real estate!
 I always enjoy hearing from family, friends and clients, whether it’s simply to catch up, or if you have a real estate question or “need”.  As always, if you, a friend, or family members are thinking of selling, buying, or renovating a home, I would be happy to help!
 Wishing you very happy holidays. May the joy of the holidays extend to you and those close to you, now and throughout the coming year! I’m looking forward to hearing from you!
 Your Personal Real Estate Agent,


 Derek Weatherhead
 PS, You can call me at 250 864 3325, or email me at derekweatherhead@me.com



No comments:

Post a Comment